Take part in this house concert series that expands your experience as a person who loves the creative arts. Storytelling itself could be new to you or this may be an art form celebrated daily at your home.
You can register to attend live or have virtual access up to two weeks once the recording is available…and with closed captioning.
All House Concerts are at the Hedman Home backyard in West Jordan, UT with proper distancing and masks at 4835 W. Sunset Park Lane, West Jordan, UT 84081.
Featured Teller and Theme of October 9, 2020–
“The Woods are Lovely, Dark and Deep”
Pause with us to contemplate “the woods” with story artist Bradley Mackay. Explore the lovely, dark, and deep with stories from classical fairy tales, some new original pieces, and Bradley’s 2019 Timp Fest Hauntings finalist piece, “The Witch in the Stone Boat.” Bradley has been performing for many years including being featured at the Weber State University Storytelling Festival and chosen for the Story Crossroads Festival. His dramatic and theatrical tellings are engaging for people of all ages.
- Masks are required. Masks will also be available to anyone donating $15+ or simply to buy for $15.
- We do need a signed waiver of liability and indemnity agreement that is part of the registration process. You can see it as downloadable below for your benefit.
- We will provide this short video to introduce the routine of these types of house concerts with limited-sized and proper-distancing.
- You can bring your own water and snacks though pre-packaged take-home snacks will be there along with bottled water.
- Please use the facilities before you arrive. If you need to use the facilities, one is available though you must wipe down and disinfect upon usage.
- Whenever possible, we will have recordings of this live house concert for anyone who feels more comfortable watching from home.
- Suggested donation is $15/person or $25/household. Registration required whether reserving one of the 30 spots and/or choosing the recording option.
- No cash or checks will be accepted. Online payment is done either at time of registration or invoiced. You can also donate at https://storycrossroads.square.site/
My husband and I had a wonderful enjoyable evening. It was so much fun to be outside and have the chance to be around people again, but at a safe distance. – Elizabeth Gibson, attendee
Email email@example.com or call/text Rachel Hedman at (801) 870-5799
Like to be a House Concert Host?
Updated Guidelines to match the Red, Orange, Yellow, and Green Codes of Utah will be available soon
Like to perform for an hour of specialty and polished story material at a House Concert?
Then email firstname.lastname@example.org and share your proposed idea and your qualifications.