Or email written or videotaped story to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have the Story Walk available at:
- Our annual Summit & Festival (mid-May, next one May 13-16, 2024)
- Utah Arts Festival (end of June) – start at the SLCC Community Writing Center booth
How the Story Walk works:
- Receive a bookmark that lists the main parts of a story: Setting; Character; Trouble/More Trouble; What to Do?; Results. This is a self-led story walk where you find five more signs.
- Find signs numbered 1-5 in that order.
- Look at the back of the signs to see the three choices. You can do this as an individual or as a family or group.
- Write or videotape your story.
- Share with us by uploading to storycrossroads.wetransfer.com. This already has our email in place to make it easy to send if done through a laptop. By phone, you can upload without having a Wetransfer account and for free. Send to email@example.com.
By uploading your story, you give permission for us to possibly feature you on our YouTube Channel. You can be anonymous or provide your name. If you are under the age of 18, make sure you have permission from a guardian.
When you upload, you do provide an email so we can let you know if your story is featured. There is a place to write a note in case you simply want to share or be anonymous.
Questions? Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text Rachel Hedman, Executive Director, at (801) 870-5799.
And…please explore the rest of our website with upcoming storytelling events for all ages or free resources to learn how to do the art.