Besides our main Festival in May, Story Crossroads offers workshops and performances throughout the year. See below on what is planned so far.
House Concert Fundraising Series
A series that engages older audiences (middle school to adult) with storytelling performances by selected professional story artists usually outside. See more at http://www.storycrossroads.org/HouseConcerts
All Things Story – Virtual Workshop Series
* A monthly series for professional development offered through Zoom with various storytelling topics – see more at http://www.storycrossroads.org/AllThingsStory
FREE 8-Hour Workshops
* We want to provide in-person like in the past. Currently and forevermore, we do have “Storytelling Basics in 8 Hours,” a self-led done-at-your-own-pace free online course provided through Story Crossroads Academy. Learn how to craft and perform a story while introduced to ten different genres and three main story crafting structures. Printable handouts. Lessons in English, American Sign Language, and open captioning. http://www.storycrossroads.org/FreeWorkshops
Get a partner or small group and share 1-3-minute stories door-to-door much like caroling…but with storytelling. We’ve been on pause a little with these events, but plan to bring them back. Feel free to do them on your own. See details here.
5-hour Intensive Virtual Workshop
* We used to hold these 5-hour workshops in-person only. Then, we had it all-virtual. In 2022, we plan on being hybrid. These 5-hour workshops cost $100 with payment plan options and held each year during the Monday of the festival week. Still needs to be updated. See details here.
Scout & Family Fun Night
* Held each year–but paused for now–during the festival week in May. Professional story artists share the stage with youth and community tellers usually at the Blind Center in Salt Lake City. Scouts (Boys/Girls/Leaders) who wear uniform are encouraged to be part of the flag ceremony. See details here.
Story Crossroads Festival: The Hybrid
* Monday-Thursday, May 9-12, 2022, Hybrid with virtual and/or in-person options – Event featuring 15 professional story artists and 40 community tellers at the Murray City Park/South Jordan Community Center. See details here.
Language of Story Academic Series
* Held each year a day after the May Festival to be livestreamed/virtual, language changes for each year. So far, we have done American Sign Language, Portuguese, German, and Hungarian. We are working on having all of them available on our YouTube Channel. See details here.
The Big Why Panel Academic Series
* Held each year virtually once a year that delves into different genres and types of storytelling and its relation to the Humanities. See details here.
16-hour Master Story Facilitator Courses
* Upon request if have 10-12 interested people, $320/person, Held every other year on even years about mid-September to early-October with experts Sam Payne and Suzanne Christensen. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or requests. See details from past courses here.
Virtual Events that Happened…but you can still watch
- Story Crossroads Spectacular, 2020 virtual storytelling festival, go here for direct links to watch, please share!
- The Big Why Panel: Historical Storytelling meets Humanities, go here for direct links to watch, please share!