Plan on coming (chronological) –
Besides our main Festival in May, Story Crossroads offers workshops and performances throughout the year. See below on what is planned so far.
House Concert Fundraising Series
* Proper-Distanced/Masks on Monday, December 28, 2020, 7:00pm-8:00pm with Katherine and David Hurley and featuring Karl Behling in Murray, UT – see details here Plus, recordings are also available for rent/purchase
All Things Story – Virtual Workshop Series
* Monthly, next ones Saturday, January 9, 2021, 9:00am-10:30am MST featuring Heather Forest, PhD and Saturday, February 6, 2021, 9:00am-10:30am MST featuring Karl Behling – your computer/Zoom, see details here and register
FREE 8-Hour Workshops – offering through Zoom & Online Course for 2021
* February-April 2021, Virtual Options, Featuring Master Story Facilitators who guide people aged 8+ or ones geared solely for adults in how to craft and perform stories, locations are typically in Salt Lake County though we have expanded with virtual options, see details here – will be scheduling Zoom versions as well as launching Story Crossroads Academy with self-led storytelling courses
* Wednesday, May 5, 2021 from 7:00pm-8:00pm and then Saturday, May 8, 2021 from 10:30am-11:30am, meet the Heritage Park, South Jordan, UT or at the Murray City Park, Murray, UT to have partners/small groups (with proper-distancing/masks) to do ultra short door-to-door storytelling in pre-determined neighborhoods, see details here
5-hour Intensive Virtual Workshop
* Monday, May 10, 2021, 9:30am-2:30pm, $100 with payment plan options – Held each year during the week of the May Festival, registration now open for researching stories presented by Dr. Csenge Zalka. More details available, see web page here and registration
Scout & Family Fun Night
* Tuesday, May 11, 2021, Held each year a day before the May Festival, professional story artists share the stage with youth and community tellers usually at the Blind Center in Salt Lake City though likely to be outdoors at the Murray City Park for 2021. Scouts (Boys/Girls/Leaders) who wear uniform are encouraged to be part of the flag ceremony, see details here with adaptations to be announced
Story Crossroads Festival: The Hybrid
* Monday-Thursday, May 10-13, 2021, Virtual and Proper-Distanced/Masked Opportunities – Event featuring 15 professional story artists and 40 community tellers at the Murray City Park/South Jordan Community Center, see details here
Language of Story Academic Series & Big Secret Story Concert
* Thursday, May 13, 2021, Held each year a day after the May Festival to be livestreamed/virtual, theme changes though 2021 is “Language of Story: Hungarian” featuring Dr. Csenge Zalka from Hungary followed by the pre-recorded concert of Hungarian folktales filmed from her land, see details here with how to participate with the livestream
16-hour Master Story Facilitator Courses
* Upon request if have 10-12 interested people, $320/person, Held every other year on even years about mid-September to early-October with experts Sam Payne and Suzanne Christensen. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or requests, see details of past courses here
Virtual Events that Happened…but you can still watch
- Story Crossroads Spectacular, 2020 virtual storytelling festival, go here for direct links to watch, please share!
- The Big Why Panel: Historical Storytelling meets Humanities, go here for direct links to watch, please share!