Plan on coming (chronological) –
Besides our main Festival in May, Story Crossroads offers workshops and performances throughout the year. See below on what is planned so far.
* Two versions available…on the same days – Limited-Sized/Proper-Distanced up to 20 youth ages 8+ on Wednesday-Friday – August 12-14, 2020 from 10:00am-11:30am MDT PLUS separate Virtual Story Camp up to 40 youth ages 8+ on Wednesday-Friday – August 12-14, 2020 from 2:00pm-3:30pm – see details here
House Concert Fundraising Series
* Resumes Limited-Sized/Proper-Distanced on Friday, August 14, 2020, 7:00pm-8:00pm featuring Kristen Clay in West Jordan, UT – virtual/pre-recorded options for people as well, see details here
All Things Story – Virtual Workshop Series
* Monthly, launches Monday, September 7, 2020, 9:00am-10:30am MDT featuring Simon Brooks – your computer/Zoom, see details here and register
FREE 8-Hour Workshops
* February-April 2021, Times Vary Depending on Location, Featuring Master Story Facilitators who guide people aged 8+ or ones geared solely for adults in how to craft and perform stories, locations are typically in Salt Lake County, see details here
* Wednesday, May 5, 2021 from 7:00pm-8:00pm and then Saturday, May 8, 2021 from 10:30am-11:30am, meet the Heritage Park, South Jordan, UT or at the Murray City Park, Murray, UT to have partners/small groups to do ultra short door-to-door storytelling in pre-determined neighborhoods, see details here
5-hour Intensive Workshop
* Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 9:30am-2:30pm, includes catered lunch, $100, Held each year a day before the May Festival, theme changes though 2021 is on intensive research for storyteller presented by Dr. Csenge Zalka. More details available, see web page here
Scout & Family Fun Night
* Tuesday, May 11, 2021, Held each year a day before the May Festival, professional story artists share the stage with youth and community tellers at the Blind Center in Salt Lake City. Scouts (Boys/Girls/Leaders) who wear uniform are encouraged to be part of the flag ceremony. Any Scout who attends this free concert can also return to the Festival for free the following day, see details here
Story Crossroads Festival
* Wednesday, May 12, 2021, Event featuring 15 professional story artists and 40 community tellers at the Murray City Park/South Jordan Community Center, only costs $1.00/student or senior and $5.00/adult for entire Festival time, see details here
Language of Story Academic Series & Big Secret Story Concert
* Thursday, May 13, 2021, Held each year a day after the May Festival, theme changes though 2021 is “Language of Story: Hungarian” featuring Dr. Csenge Zalka from Hungary followed by the concert by her entitled “The Princess in the Shroud.” More details available, see details here
16-hour Master Story Facilitator Courses
* Upon request if have 10-12 interested people, $320/person, Held every other year on even years about mid-September to early-October with experts Sam Payne and Suzanne Christensen. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or requests, see details of past courses here
Virtual Events that Happened…but you can still watch
- Story Crossroads Spectacular, 2020 virtual storytelling festival, go here for direct links to watch, please share!
- The Big Why Panel: Historical Storytelling meets Humanities, go here for direct links to watch, please share!