Take part in this house concert series that expands your experience as a person who loves the creative arts. Storytelling itself could be new to you or this may be an art form celebrated daily at your home.
You can register to attend live or have virtual access up to two weeks once the recording is available…and with closed captioning.
Featured Tellers and Theme of December 28, 2020–
Katherine Hurley, David Hurley, & Karl Behling
“Ode to Story Under the Full Moon” – traditional storytelling experience
Dress warm and huddle in your blankets as you have a traditional storytelling experience around a fire…yet still proper-distanced and masked. Storytelling gave hope and light during a dark and long winter. Award-winning youth teller Katherine Hurley will share a piece followed by history and symbolism of story during the long nights presented by David Hurley. Finally, we explore winter and the role of the storyteller through performances by long-time and engaging teller Karl Behling.
Location: Hurley Home – outside with bonfire and sitting upon tree stumps–dress warm!- 143 West 5900 South, Murray, UT 84107
- Masks are required. Masks will also be available to anyone donating $15+ or simply to buy for $15.
- We do need a signed waiver of liability and indemnity agreement that is part of the registration process. A copy of it is below for your benefit.
- We will provide an aerial view of the backyard and where to park as well as a short video to introduce the routine of these types of house concerts with limited-sized and proper-distancing.
- You can bring your own water and snacks though we will have hot chocolate shared in a safe manner.
- Please use the facilities before you leave. If you need to use the facilities, one is available though you must wipe down and disinfect upon usage.
- We are filming this presentation and anyone donating $15+ will receive the video unlisted link – whether attending live or ordering the video separately to be viewed two weeks once launched on February 1, 2021.
- Suggested donation is $15/person or $25/household.
- RSVP Required for one of the 30 spots. Complete the registration here.
- You can donate beyond your registration here: https://storycrossroads.square.site/
My husband and I had a wonderful enjoyable evening. It was so much fun to be outside and have the chance to be around people again, but at a safe distance. – Elizabeth Gibson, attendee
Email email@example.com or call/text Rachel Hedman at (801) 870-5799
Like to be a House Concert Host?
Updated Guidelines to match the Red, Orange, Yellow, and Green Codes of Utah will be available soon
Like to perform for an hour of specialty and polished story material at a House Concert?
Then email firstname.lastname@example.org and share your proposed idea and your qualifications.